- This event has passed.
OLD VINE WINE VIRTUAL TASTING
November 10 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm (PST); click the link a few minutes early
Venue: Online via Lodi Wine Facebook Page
Cost: FREE, all are welcome
Host: Stuart Spencer, Lodi Winegrape Commission
- Kevin Phillips, Michael David Winery & Phillips Farms
- Tegan Passalacqua, Turley Wine Cellars & Sandlands
- Jeff Perlegos, Lodi Grower & Owner, Stampede & Cherryhouse Vineyards
Wines for discussion include:
- McCay Cellars 2016 TruLux Vineyard (planted 1940s) Zinfandel
- Klinker Brick Winery 2017 Rauser Vineyard (planted 1909) Carignane
- Maître de Chai 2018 Stampede Vineyard (planted 1928) Zinfandel
- m2 Wines 2017 Soucie Vineyard (planted 1916) Zinfandel
- Michael David Winery 2018 Bechthold Vineyard (planted 1886) Cinsaut
- Turley Wine Cellars 2018 Kirschenmann Vineyard (planted 1915) Zinfandel
Description: Old vines make some of the very best wines. It’s true. But old vines and the remarkable wines they produce are in danger. Join a free, Facebook LIVE virtual tasting and grower and winemaker panel discussion surrounding Lodi’s old vine vineyards and wines, the unique attributes and qualities of both, and why they are each in danger. For more information about old vines visit savetheold.com.
No registration necessary – simply click on the link above just before 4:30pm. All are welcome to join us. Contact the Lodi Winegrape Commission for technical assistance: 209.367.4727.