Stuart has been the Program Manager for the Lodi Winegrape Commission since 1999. Over the years, Stuart has been involved in many of the Commission’s marketing, education, and research activities which have focused on raising public awareness about Lodi wines. Stuart is actively involved in the Commission’s consumer and trade marketing events including Zinfest and Lodi Wine & Chocolate. He has developed many of the Commission’s promotional materials including websites, ad campaigns, and public relations, including the latest LoCA marketing campaign. As Stuart is also the proprietor of St. Amant Winery, he is the Commission’s onsite industry expert and is a regular spokesperson on all things Lodi.
Contact Stuart with questions regarding:
- Commission operations and history
- LoCA advertising campaign
- the Lodi winegrape industry
Jeremy, who has worked for the Commission since 2009, manages the Lodi Wine & Visitor Center located on the beautiful Wine & Roses property. The Center offers wine tastings with a focus on promoting public awareness and appreciation for the uniqueness of Lodi wines. The Wine & Visitor Center staff provides guests with a memorable experience and directs them to local tasting rooms to further explore Lodi wine country. We are always looking to expand the selection of Lodi wines featured at the Visitors’ Center. Jeremy works with the public to organize a number of special events including private tastings and educational seminars. He also manages the 650-member LoCA Wine Club, which showcases premium Lodi wines.
Contact Jeremy with inquiries regarding:
- LoCA Wine Club
- The Lodi Wine & Visitor Center
- Lodi wine and winery recommendations
- Organizing special events such as private tastings, tutorials, and demonstrations
- Tour groups
Sherri coordinates the planning and management of the Commission’s many Lodi wine events including ZinFest, Lodi Wine & Chocolate, and the Lodi Road Trip. Sherri also helps coordinate the logistics of grower events including socials and field days. She has years of experience giving the public a fun and enjoyable experience with Lodi wine, as she started with the Commission in 2005.
Contact Sherri with inquiries regarding:
- Lodi Wine & Chocolate
- Lodi Wine Country and other Commission-sponsored wine events
- Winery directional signage
- Winery Roadshows events
Jenny coordinates the Commission’s many marketing and advertising efforts. Jenny, who has been with the Commission since 2010, works to accomplish one of the Commission’s major objectives: Promoting awareness of the Lodi region among consumers and members of the press through innovative social media platforms as well as traditional marketing and advertising. She also works with the Commission’s PR firm on press communications as well as the Commission’s advertising agency to secure advertising placements in print publications and online.
Contact Jenny with inquiries regarding:
- Media and trade communications
- LoCA advertising campaign
- lodiwine.com and Commission event websites
- LoCA Facebook
- @Lodi_Wine Twitter
- Lodi winery weekly email
- Commission event promotion
- LoCA smartphone app
Stephanie joined the Lodi Winegrape Commission in 2016, straight out of her doctoral program in Plant Pathology. She has extensive experience in the wine industry, including educational program development and communications with growers, wineries, and consumers. At the Commission, Stephanie works closely with LWC staff and committee members to lead efforts in research, education, grower communications, and sustainability under the rigorous Lodi Rules program. She is the LWC’s main liaison for the grower community and is dedicated to actively supporting their ever-changing needs for a progressive, successful future.
Contact Stephanie with questions regarding:
- Grower educational outreach & events – newsletters, workshops, field days, blog articles, socials, etc.
- Lodi Rules Sustainable Winegrowing Program
- Grower resources and relations
- Viticultural research in Crush District 11
- 2017 Vineyard Supplier Directory
- PEAS impact units
- Lodi Winegrower’s Workbook
- Weather Stations
Margie coordinates the Accounting and Human Resources functions for the Commission. Margie is responsible for maintaining financial, legal, and personnel records for the organization. If you have questions or concerns with assessments, contributions or invoices please contact Margie.
- Process and maintain all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Process payroll
- Administer all Visitor Center financial functions including banking, sales tax, and inventory reconciliation
- Human Resources functions in administering & maintaining all personnel records including retirement, health insurance, and employee handbook
- Maintain all legal records and documentation including election, commissioner terms, board & committee agendas and minutes, legal grower list, conflict of interest statements, and ensure compliance with Bagley-Keene laws
- Process assessments and track commission revenue
- Produce and maintain all financial records and assist in yearly budgetary process and audit
- Track grant funding budgets, expenditures, and invoice granting agencies
Administrative & Marketing Assistant
Melissa, hired in 2017, provides essential support for the Commission’s wine events, marketing efforts, grower outreach, and meetings. Melissa also gives general administrative assistance to the Commission’s other staff members.
Contact Melissa with inquiries regarding:
- Meeting and event RSVP
- Continuing education credit
- Updating grower contact information
- Wine event ticket orders
- Volunteer opportunities
- General Commission related questions